Saturday, November 22, 2008

Tall Vase

One of my customers ordered a tall vase to go into a tall angled space she has in her new home. She's been very patient, so today I worked on something I think will go very well with the other pieces she's purchase to fill this angled space. The vase shown is approximately 20" tall. I'm letting it firm up a bit before trimming and finishing the top. It's a huge patience test to let it get firm enough yet still be able to work the rim. When it's done, it will be glazed in a glossy black with beige accent around the bottom. I may do some additional texturing around the base of the neck where I've left a small ridge of clay. I haven't decided yet, and since I have to let it firm up for a while, I've got some time to decide. The piece has an interesting shape and I enjoyed the challenge of the tall form.

No comments: