Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Glazing Flurry



With two one-day sales this weekend and a weekend sale next week, I've been a glazing cyclone the past couple weeks. I unloaded a glaze load last night and here is a vase from that firing. A month ago I mixed up a new blue and have been testing it in combination with some of my existing glazes. This combo speaks to me. I generally don't go for blues, I'm more of an earth-tone kinda gal, but I really like this combo. First I drizzled some sapphire blue around the middle, dipped the entire thing in sky blue and then dipped the top half in glossy white. I love how the white gets mottled or speckled over the sky blue.


We'll see what the reaction to this combination is at the sale this weekend. It may make it's way into my line permanently.

Be well.

No comments: