Saturday, October 3, 2009

Favorite part of Saturday

I love Saturdays. Instead of having to get up and head out to my weekday job, I can choose to sleep in and then have a leisurely breakfast. But many Saturdays, I opt to get up early anyway, hurry through my breakfast and feeding dogs so I can get out to the studio to open the kiln. Maybe I subconsciously plan it that way, but I often run the kiln on Thursday to Friday and then the kiln is ready to be unloaded bright and early on Saturday.

I start the day by seeing what treasures await me in the kiln. Most often I'm excited by what I find and occasionally I'm disappointed but challenged by what I find. Either way, that's one of my favorite parts of Saturday. Then I can take a little leisurely time, but not until I know what the kiln gods have kisses in my kiln. Above is a sample place setting out of this morning's kiln. I have a couple folks exploring having dinnerware made and I wanted to have some samples available to aid in their decision making.

I was very pleased with these pieces. The sample place setting will also be making their way to my
Etsy shop listed as made to order items.

Hope you have a great Saturday too.

No comments: