Saturday, October 31, 2009

Kiln Unloaded

I couldn't wait. The kiln had been cooling all day and while I occasionally would sneak a peek to see how some of the items on top came out, I couldn't wait any longer. The green color is a new glaze for me and I really wanted to see how it turned out. The test tiles looked great, but sometimes test tiles just don't give you a good idea how it will look on pieces. So at about 250 degrees (no serious burns to report), I decided to unload the first couple layer. And, I'm very pleased with how the green looks on pieces. Even better than on the test tiles. The above photo is the first couple layers from the kiln. Most everything turned out as expected or better which is very unusual.

Below is a photo of one of my french butter keepers in the green with white overlapped on the outer circle of the lid. It's a really fun color.


No comments: