Sunday, June 13, 2010

Patience

First off, what do you think of the new look for the blog? I'm not sure I'm done with the revisions, but for now, I need to look at it for a bit and decide if I want to make the look a little different.

With sales the next couple weekends, I've been pushing pretty hard to get the last couple kiln loads done to boost my inventory to cover three sales in 10 days. My second glaze load of the weekend is cooling and looks like it has about 500 degrees to go before I can think about opening. (I could, and many times have opened up at this temp to see how things came out, but I'm trying really hard to be patient and let things slow cool.)

In the meantime, I'm doing a little web browsing on pottery workshops this summer (a little late, I know). A friend mentioned she was heading to a pottery workshop and it reminded me I haven't been to anything like that in nearly two years. So it's about time to find something that can stimulate my creative self. Workshops are such a wonderful way to really get you to think about applying the skills you already have in a different way.


Anybody have any good suggestions for workshops later this summer? Let me know - I'll travel just about anywhere.


Let's see, the kiln has dropped about 20 degrees since I started writing this, so I just need to kill how much more time before I can unload??? Hmmm... this could be a long evening.

Have a great week everybody.

4 comments:

Mr. Young said...

I like the idea that we can now do some changes to personalize our blogs, but am still trying to figure out how to put my own background picture in there.
I like the bowl in the picture. Simple, yet beautiful.
I have really been wishing lately, that I lived in the continental US. I would love to have the opportunity to go to workshops. I have to be content with you tube videos...

Zack said...

Hey Mom, the new look is pretty nice. The background reminds me of the wallpaper in my new house, which you will have to come and visit soon.

Looks like you found something productive to do with your day even though the weather would not permit any strawberry picking. Since when did St. Paul think it was Seattle?

Sue Pariseau Pottery said...

Mr. Young's Art - I just read somewhere that adding your own image was at the top of features they were working on adding. Maybe soon.

I definitely take the convenience of having workshops near by for granted. Thanks for the reminder to really appreciate the opportunities I have. Now I just need to find a workshop.

Take care.

Sue Pariseau Pottery said...

Zack, Look forward to seeing your new place and to getting out berry picking when it finally quits raining.