Sunday, October 31, 2010

Some days are like that

Happy Halloween everybody.

It's been a bit since my last post. With a sale coming up next weekend, I've been busy getting the last few loads through the kiln to make sure I have an adequate inventory for the sale.

A couple hours ago, I unloaded the last kiln load to find some amazing pieces and this...



The colors are awesome, but a little more fluid than I'd anticipated. Looks like I'll be spending some time with a hammer and chisel before my next firing. Sure am glad I'd put on a fresh coat of kiln wash earlier in the week, at least the chunks should come off pretty easily without taking much of the shelf with it.



It's a glaze combo that is a little more reliable on horizontal surfaces giving this pie plate a glassy depth.


Here's a close-up of the Sky Blue glaze over the Metallic Green.



Now if I could master the right thickness on vertical pieces I'd really be pleased with the combination.

Have a great week.

No comments: