Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cannon Falls Wine & Art Festival

The first day of the Cannon Falls Wine and Art Festival is behind us and we're looking forward to another fun day tomorrow. It was hot and humid, but we were fortunate our booth was shaded by a tree most of the day and there was a nice breeze.


The guys pouring wine at the Crow River Winery booth were kind enough to provide some empty bottles to use in my display. I've made wine bottle coasters for individual bottles for quite a while, but I really wanted to make a few of these oblong pieces to hold a few bottles thinking it would be nice for those hosting parties. I like it. The guys at Crow River Winery also provide a sample of their Honeycrisp Apple and Cranberry wine. It was delicious (is that a word that can be used to describe a wine?)




After the last couple firings, I have a nice collection of mugs. I always seem to be shore on mugs in my inventory, it was very nice to start a show with a good inventory including many different sizes and shapes.



See ya there tomorrow?

2 comments:

Carol McGinnis said...

Love your shelving. Did you have it custom made?

Sue Pariseau Pottery said...

Hi Carol - they're Ikea and so are the display boxes in the mug display. Super adjustable and pretty easy to deal with even if the ground isn't entirely level.

Be well.