Thursday, November 8, 2012

Holiday Fun

With the holidays coming up, I decided to have some fun working on some winter tile coasters.  While at Michael's several weeks ago, I found these snowflake wood cutout ornaments and thought they'd make some nice texture on "something". Turns out they do make nice texture on "something" like tiles, so I made a couple boards full and hope to fire them in my upcoming woodfire with some cobalt blue glass in the design.  Not sure how that will all turn out, but it sounds like it could look really interesting if it works.  


The wood is pretty fine and delicate.  If the test tiles turn out nice, I might need to see what Michael's has left to use when these break. Have a great day!!

2 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

those are great! They will be wonderful coasters or just to hang some where.

Lori Buff said...

These do look great, could you make a busque mold from the wood, that way you'd not have to buy anymore.