Monday, July 5, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away


The long weekend started out great. Friday evening I had half my drying boards already full and the rest got filled on Saturday. Saturday was another beautiful day and by mid-day, all drying boards and shelves were full. The excess was spilling over to the countertops and other tables.

Sunday morning it started raining and hasn't let up yet. I did manage to get most things to dry enough to trim, but that's as far as that went.

At one point, the rain rolling off the roof was so hard, it broke the new hollyhock plant that was just starting to bloom next to the studio entry. It still looked so pretty, but with a bent stem, I don't think it will last long.


Kevin had more than 40 bare root trees to plant, so he ended up doing much of the planting in the rain. It doesn't look like he's having fun.

Now hopefully, it will quit raining and all my leather hard pots will be able to dry so they can be fired and ready for my upcoming show in Cannon Falls, July 17 & 18th.

Be well.

No comments: