Friday, October 28, 2011

Pottery Adventure



This weekend I'm having a little pottery adventure. I'm in Augusta Maine to visit fellow potter/blogger Lori Watts of Fine Mess Pottery and joining her for a firing of her soda kiln. 

Now, I know I could find a soda firing to participate in back home, but what could be more fun than meeting someone you've connected with online and satisfy your inner gypsy's need for a little travel. 


Today, I spent doing a little exploration of the area and shopping in a nearby historic village of Hallowell along the Kennebec River.  It was a beautiful, sunny, cool day.

Tomorrow we'll glaze our pieces and they are forecasting a big snow storm here to start later tomorrow night. Bring it on...this Minnesota girl isn't afraid of a snow storm.    

No comments: